Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Teenage Dream











When?: January 19, 2011
Where?: Subbing at NYOS Charter School
Sweater: GAP
Pants: New York and Co.
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Etsy Alchemy

I subbed today for a high school science teacher. They call it substituting, but I'm pretty sure they should call it babysitting, because that's all I did. I took the title of this post from Katy Perry (who I'm not particularly fond of) but I was reminded of the song when M. told me this morning that he wished I was going to teach him today. Now I'm just lounging around the house waiting for M. to get off work and bring me some Freebirds so we can watch a show and finish a bottle of wine together before crashing for the night. Best husband ever.

My outfit today wasn't inspired by anything, but I like the way it turned out. Plus I had a few of the high school girls comment on my shoes and sweater, which is always nice to hear. I knew I wanted to wear my new black pants, they're super comfortable and I knew that I wanted to wear something easy and covering up top (especially since my pants are pretty skinny). This sweater is one of my favorites. I love the zipper detail on it. The shoes I've had for ages, I think I bought them my sophomore year of college. They're comfortable, but a little too big which is a bummer. AND they are heels. You can't tell in the pictures because they kept sinking into the ground, but they actually are heels. The necklace I'm wearing has a special story. My grandmother gave me a charm on my 16th birthday that she had gotten when she was a cheerleader in high school. I always had it on a plain chain until I got the idea to turn it into a necklace. I of course enlisted in the help of Etsy, and the necklace turned out wonderful.

I bet you never knew I was a treehugger:

No comments:

Post a Comment