Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Movie Day


I'm going to be honest for a minute here, because what I'm going to say needs to be said. And I hope you are too, when you answer this question... alone to yourself. Is getting dressed up and going to the theatre one of your favorite things to do after a long night of drinking? Honesty... Ok, no, not particularly. What if the movie stars Winona Ryder? The answer should change. Well, for me at least. I guess it's okay if you disagree and answer no to both those questions, but let's just assume you had the chance to meet up with your mom and go see a film with your favorite actor... and you did. So here I am, ready to go to the show and only two photos where I look half-way decent. My mom was taking the pictures and she was trying to be helpful, but I don't think she can do much for my lack of sleep, lack of water, and lack of good sense. So I hope that you can just forgive me in this measly post and understand because maybe you've been there at some point... just maybe.

The easist item to throw on for a day event are these pink corodry, high-waisted shorts from American Apparel. They match with any color top and they're comfortable. They also fit very well-if you like high-waisted bottoms like I do. The best part is that they come up high without being too short. I tucked a tank into them, but there are many other options, obviously. The better part of this outfit, though, (at least to me) is the scarf. The reason I say this is because I purchased this scarf in Ireland with one of my best friends. (She got one in white and grey). I wish I remembered how many euros it cost. All I know is that when we came back to California, they showed up about six months to a year later. Most scarves are worn during the winter, but this can be used for both. It's a light-weight cotton. You can even wear it to the rodeo, hehe. I wear it A LOT.

The shoes that I'm wearing with this outfit are in the family of my new favorite obsession. Yes... oxfords. I have some in transit to my apartment as we speak. Urban Outfitters has a wide variety. This is the saddle shoe and I don't think it will ever leave the web site, because it's pretty much the perfect oxford. I have no complaints, except the dirt that shoew up on the white part. Yes, mom I'll be getting to the store to buy some shoe polish soon. (I'll let you guys know how that works). I usually wear them without socks. But because I want to keep the inside as, well, clean, as possible, I wear socks on occasion. These are right out of my boyfriend's closet. Black usually look best.


When?: January 16, 2011
Where?: Afternoon movie date
Top: American Apparel
Bottom: American Apparel
Scarf: Ireland (No tag)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters



No comments:

Post a Comment